Sunday, October 23, 2005

More On Miers (Sigh)

I know. I know. The Miers story is getting old. I keep promising myself I will not write any more about her, at least until the Senate hearings. But this WSJ interview with Arlen Specter struck me as interesting.

Arlen, after trashing Miers' questionaire response, now seems to have little patience for those who would pillory her even before she has a real chance to defend herself. He seems to think people ought to let her speak before they condemn her. What a concept!!

Except that, she's SUCH a fawning, sychophantic, toady!

I honestly don't know how anyone could vote for her to be on the Supreme Court. Those that do will fall into one of two camps: those who believe in Bush and those who believe "it could be worse."

I find myself leaning toward the "it could be worse" camp. At least she's not Bork.

But then I get mad. We shouldn't have to settle for someone whose only redeeming virtue is that she's not a troglodyte.

This President sucks.

That's my considered opinion.

No comments: