Saturday, May 13, 2006

GM Kills the H1 (Thank God)

From the SF Chronicle:
The Hummer H1 -- the biggest, toughest sport utility vehicle on the road --has run out of gas. Cheering just about every other driver on the road, General Motors Corp. said Friday that it is ditching the H1 by June.
One can only wish it had been sooner. Or that this affront had never been concieved in the first place. What a ridiculous vehicle.
The vehicle, which delivered a shot of in-your-face masculinity, has a price tag of $140,000, weighs 5 tons and gets less than 10 miles to the gallon.
What will the dickless will do to compensate now? Back to .44 magnums, assault rifles and grenade lauchers I suppose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last year I was tempted to wait by every H1 and H2 I saw to ask the driver if they thought it was worth sending me to war to drive down the roads of Iraq in an H1 so that I could simultaneously fight for the oil it takes to run their POS and boost the machismo of it. I guess now I'll have to email them.

Rediculous vehicles all around. Their size and bulk are proving to be somewhat useful now that we need to put thousands of pounds of armor on them, but before that most people in the military still preferred the old jeeps. HMWWVs are heavier, wider, slower, and not as reliable.

We still need them here while we wait for a replacement, but I'm glad they're on their way out of the suburbs.