Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Billy Bob's Bulletins -- Has Moved

I took the weekend off to go see my oldest boy graudate, but when I got home I had the following e-mail from Billy Bob waiting for me under the caption "Uh Oh . . . "
There is some bad news here… the blog Nazis have blocked parentheticals. I don’t know if I’ll be able to get back on…several people mentioned some of their favorite sites recently disappeared. I don’t know that I’ll be able to work around it… Maybe you could periodically email me some of your posts that I might like to comment on? I’d love to stay involved in the conversation.
I must admit to have had an interesting mix of reactions to this. Mostly it was disgust at the silliness -- so much so, that I realized that it was most likely a mistake. SNAFU. But, I must also admit to feeling a bit . . . flattered. Could it be that what I write is actually important enough to have (a) gotten the attention of the DOD censors and (b) been considered "dangerous" enough to block?. Sheesh: Che, Ho, Mao and me. Who'd have thunk? There is a downside though. as I told BB in response, "I'll have to be on the lookout for black crown vics with two guys in bad suits, sunglasses and earpieces parked near my house."

Anyway, the simplest way to get around this (assuming they haven't blocked access to everything at blogspot.com) is to start another blog. The blogger software is so easy that I can start blogs a lot faster than they can block 'em. So, that is what I did. See Billy Bob's Bulletins at www.billybobsbulletins.blogspot.com.

For the moment, all I have put up an the new site are the "bulletins" about mideast and related domestic news that I have been posting here for a while. I can't decide what I will do with the rest of the stuff. Maybe I'll just co-post everything at both places. It's just copy and paste, after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guess who's back! Apparently there was a temporary block of a bunch of websites, but now we're back in business. I wouldn't have thought to look today, but the women I work with were hooting and hollering because their access to "O" (the Oprah website) and JCrew.com were restored.

Anyway, I hope everything is going well out there in the real world! I've been busy and good spirits here. The temps have been climbing, but oddly enough I'm adjusting.

I don't know how long the peace will last grant me access, but for now we're back in business!